Written by: Mallory Collins
While taking a pre-college styling course last fall at The Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC, my class studied the idea of trend forecasting and how designers know two years in advance what the new styles will be. While researching, we discovered a trend book from a year ago telling us what the Spring 2017 season style trends would be. Here to share, the upcoming trends for 2017!
1. Stripes - Tired of being a prisoner to your wardrobe? Break free with stripes this season!
2. Wide Leg Trousers - Say goodbye to your skinny jeans, this is the year of baggy pants!
- 3. Flatforms – These shoes are the perfect way to add a few inches to your height without the pain of heels!4. 80’s Glam - From oversized shoulders, cone shaped heels, nylon, bright colors, all the way to your favorite pair of mom jeans, these fashion trends are making their comeback. (Don’t you wish your mom thought to save all of her old high school clothes?)
5. Mules - Did somebody say Rachel Green? These iconic shoes are the perfect way to embrace your inner Rachel, Monica, and Phoebe.
6. Underwear as Outerwear? - The bandeau makes a public appearance this year as it no longer stays hidden under tops but willfully exposes itself as fashion. Save this one for the runway, not the hallway!
7. All Things Pink! – On Wednesdays we wear pink, and so can you! Showing your girl power will be easier than ever as this color trend will be making a strong appearance in shops this spring season.
8. 50 Shades of Blue - Feeling a little blue? Not to worry, so are all the other fashion moguls. You’ll find this color will be popping up in all shades this spring